Thin at 0.7″ and weighing 4.18 pounds, the 15.6″ Notebook from HP powerful performance that can deliver throughout long workdays. The system is powered by a 2.0 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core processor, which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 3.6 GHz. The 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs. The memory slot is not user-accessible and upgradable.
The 15.6″ BrightView IPS display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, WLED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a micro-edge bezel. The integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 chipset delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you’ll also be able to output video to an external display at resolutions using the system’s HDMI 1.4 port.
For storage of your files, it is equipped with a 1TB 5400 rpm SATA 2.5″ hard drive. If you want to add external storage, optical drives, memory card readers, and more, there is one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port and two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, all of which only support data transfers of up to 5 Gb/s. Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2×2) are built-in for wired and wireless networking, and Bluetooth 4.2 technology will also allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals. A built-in multi-format SD card reader lets users download content from their digital camera and other integrated features include a 720p Wide Vision HD webcam with an 88° field of view, dual-array digital mics, and audio backed by dual HP speakers, HP Audio Boost, and custom tuning by B&O PLAY.
HP’s 15.6″ Notebook includes a 45W AC adapter, and its 3-cell / 41Wh lithium-ion prismatic battery supports HP Fast Charge and can recharge up to 50% in 45 minutes, The installed operating system is Windows 10 Home (64-bit) and protection is provided by a limited 1-year hardware warranty with 90 days of limited technical support for software and setup from the date of purchase.
- 2.0 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor
- Tap into powerful notebook performance, as Ryzen architecture delivers battery life for multi-threaded processing and Vega graphics for intensive multimedia tasks.
- Micro-Edge Display
- The barely visible bezel revolutionizes your display by letting a larger screen fit into a smaller frame.
- HP Fast Charge
- Go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes when the system is turned off.
- HP Audio Boost
- Smart amplification technology gives you loud, clear, and dynamic sound.
- 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive
- Grow your digital collections and still have room left over with up to 1TB of hard drive storage.
- 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM
- With its higher bandwidth, everything from multi-tasking to playing games gets a performance boost.
- HP Wide Vision HD Camera
- The 720p webcam has an 88°, wide-angle field of view for video chats with the whole family.
- Full HD Display
- Two million pixels deliver clear visuals and vibrant image quality.
- BrightView Panel
- With a BrightView panel, indoor visuals will be clear and well illuminated.
- MU-MIMO Supported
- Pair this notebook with a MU-MIMO router for a smoother online experience in multi-device homes.
- Stay Connected
- With 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2, all your connections are fast and reliable.
- Full-Size Island-Style Keyboard with Integrated Numeric Keypad
- Work comfortably with a full-sized keyboard and integrated numeric pad.
- If you aren’t already a member, sign up for Dropbox and get 25GB of storage for 12 months to save and access your photos, documents, and videos.
- Smart Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Laptop, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift