he 14″ EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook from HP is a refurbished system that is powered by a 1.6 GHz Intel Core i3-4200U Dual-Core processor and 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, allowing you to run multiple programs simultaneously and quickly access frequently used files and programs. When running more demanding programs or tasks, the processor can be boosted to achieve a speed of 2.6 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology.
The 14″ LED-backlit anti-glare SVA TN display features a 16:9 aspect ratio. Visuals are handled by the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 chipset, and you can output video to an external display using the DisplayPort or VGA outputs at resolutions up to 3200 x 2000 @ 60 Hz. For storage of your files, there is a 500GB HDD.
If you want to add external storage, optical drives, mice, keyboards, printers, memory card readers, and more, the EliteBook 840 G1 offers four USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port. A built-in 720p webcam, stereo speakers with DTS Studio Sound, and dual-array mics let you play music and participate in video or voice calls for work or with friends and family. Connect to the Internet via 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi or Gigabit Ethernet LAN for a more stable and reliable connection, or use the integrated modem. Furthermore, to free up USB ports and reduce wire clutter, you can connect additional peripherals and devices using Bluetooth 4.0, while a built-in 3-in-1 media card reader supports SD/SDHC/SDXC formats.
The HP 14″ EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook operates using an included AC power adapter, a power cord, and a lithium-ion battery. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
Please bear in mind that as this system is refurbished, it is protected by a limited 0.6-year warranty.
14″ EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook
- Intel Core i3 4th-Generation Haswell Lake Processor
- This notebook houses a 4th-generation Haswell Intel Core i3-4200U processor that comes with two cores, which have a stock speed of 1.6 GHz and can also achieve speeds up to 2.6 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB of cache memory and 8GB of DDR3L RAM, you’ll be able to push the two cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- 14″ LED-Backlit Anti-Glare SVA TN Display
- The 14″ widescreen Twisted Nematic (TN) display of the HP EliteBook 840 G1 features LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, a 300:1 contrast ratio, a 60 Hz refresh rate, 250 cd/m2 brightness, 131 ppi, and viewing angles of 40/40/15/30°. You can also output video to an external display via the DisplayPort at resolutions up to 3200 x 2000 @ 60 Hz, or use the VGA port for resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz.
- 4 x USB 3.0 Type-A Ports
- Four USB 3.0 Type-A ports operate at speeds up to 5 Gb/s and allow you to connect peripherals such as external storage, optical drives, printers, memory card readers, and more. Additionally, one of the USB ports doubles as a charging port.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- The Gigabit Ethernet port can be used to connect to wired networks for Internet access.
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
- The HP EliteBook 840 G1 can connect to a home or public wireless network via 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. Additional compatible peripherals, such as keyboards, mice, headsets, and more may be connected using Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for businesses users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.
- Lithium-ion Battery
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Customer Support Phone Number
- Limited 0.6-Year Guaranteed Warranty from Date of Purchase