The 15.6″ ProBook 450 G6 Notebook from HP is a business-oriented system for professionals to stay productive in the office and on-the-go. A few helpful features include a slim chassis, a 180° hinge, and up to 13 hours of battery life. Specs-wise, it’s powered by a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-8565U quad-core processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, a 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, and integrated Intel UHD graphics. Its 15.6″ IPS display has a 1920 x 1080 resolution for clear details and an anti-glare coating to reduce distracting reflections. Other integrated features include an SD card reader, a Gigabit Ethernet jack, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-A and Type-C ports, an HDMI port, a webcam, a microphone, speakers, and a 3.5mm combo audio jack. The operating system installed is Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit).
- Security for Business
- The HP ProBook 450 is built to keep your data secure featuring BIOS-level protection and multi-factor authentication. It also has a built-in fingerprint reader that you can use to quickly login should you forget your password.
- USB Type-C
- One of the USB Type-C ports on this system supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds of 5 Gb/s, power delivery, and DisplayPort connectivity.
Windows 10 Pro
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for business users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.