HP 840 G3 Overview
The 14″ EliteBook 840 G3 Laptop from HP is an enterprise-grade notebook designed with the security and technology to keep you safe and productive in and out of the office. This system is powered by a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-6200U Dual-Core processor which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 2.8 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, which comes in a 1 x 8GB configuration, helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs. If you need more RAM, this system accepts up to 32GB, using one 16GB module in each of the 260-pin SO-DIMM slots.
The 14″ SVA anti-glare TN display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution that is equipped with LED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness, a 300:1 typical contrast ratio, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, 157 ppi, a response time of 16 ms, and viewing angles of 4040/15/30°. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you’ll be able to output video to an external display at resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz using the DisplayPort 1.2 output and 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz using the VGA output.
For long-term storage of your files, this system is equipped with a 256GB M.2 2280 SATA III SSD that uses Tri-Level Cell (TLC) NAND flash memory and features read speeds up to 540 MB/s and write speeds up to 455 MB/s. Additional internal storage can be added to the empty 2.5″ / 7mm drive bay, and if you want to add external storage, optical drives, memory card readers, printers, and more, the EliteBook 840 G3 offers one USB 3.0 Type-C port and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port. Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi are built-in for wired and wireless networking, and Bluetooth 4.2 technology will also allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals wirelessly. There is also an SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader, 720p webcam, dual-array microphones, stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen HD audio, a Smart Card reader, an external micro SIM slot (3FF), and an NFC (Near Field Communication) module.
The EliteBook 840 G3 includes a 65W Smart AC adapter that operates using 90-265 VAC at 47-63 Hz and an HP 3-cell / 46Wh lithium-ion polymer battery that can last for up to 13.5 hours and provide up to 223 hours of standby time before recharging is required. While the installed operating system is Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), a Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) license is also included, as is Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) and Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) recovery media.
- Strong Security
- Equipped with a TPM module for security, the HP Elite also features HP Sure Start with dynamic protection, which checks your BIOS every fifteen minutes to detect attacks and corruption and then self-heals the BIOS automatically.
- Bang & Olufsen Speakers
- The HP Elitebook is built with Bang & Olufsen speakers that when combined with HP’s noise reduction software, provides a rich audio experience for work and entertainment.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.2
- Enjoy streaming music and movies wirelessly with 802.11ac Wi-Fi. This Wi-Fi standard provides you with faster speeds compared to its predecessors so that you can download large files quickly. With Bluetooth 4.2 technology, you can pair compatible wireless peripherals and free up USB ports for other devices.
- Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) + Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) License
- This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license for Windows 10 Pro software. You may use only one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.